Thursday, May 20, 2010

MBA... DREAM NO MORE



I am pretty sure mother up there in heaven is very proud of the only grandson she met here on earth. Last Sunday, May 16,2010, Carl Scott Maandal, my eldest nephew nicknamed Chesco, graduated Summa Cum Laude, Masteral in Structural Engineering at Rutgers University, NJ. A cum laude graduate batch 2006 in BS Engineering at the same university. A young Fil-Am achiever and he's proud to be Pinoy! He brags over his two younger US born brothers about his proficiency in the Filipino language. Has a collection of Philipine made stuff and even displayed a Phillipine flag over his bookshelves. "I wanna meet Kobe, Pacman and Charice,... in that order" he said. He migrated to US (where her mom had been long working as a nurse), together with my brother when he was nine years old, that was three years after mother passed away.

Mother, being an educator herself (a gradeshool teacher) kept on nagging me then to take up MBA. I had already inquired and paid application forms before not only from AGSB but also at DLSU, my biggest problem was.... the entrance exam. After passing the CPA board exam and a number of employer's entrance exams, i felt .... enough is enough !

Years passed by, sans the MBA degree I had my share of achievements, life had brought me around the country and some parts of the world. The last time I was in USA (Jan '08), Chesco brought me, Dapot and Ms Malou one winter night in Rutgers, NJ grounds and showed us around where he's taking up his masteral degree . I was little jealous then of my young nephew, if only i could turn back the clock, i should have taken the roadless traveled.

December of 2008, I braved the exam I dared not to get many years ago when AGSB opened in Lipa. After year and a half, I am now in the mid of obtaining my MBA Degree. Hopefully, next year, mother up there in heaven will be proud of her only daughter who'll obtain an MBA Degree at Ateneo Graduate School of Business - Regis !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment